Thursday 4 November 2010

Today is a good day

Harri and I decided to spend the afternoon at Nong Thin Park, which is a beautiful yet deserted space complete with a lake, pedalows, clay bust painting and young Thai couples stealing some time away to spend in the sunshine. It was the perfect day for it, not a cloud in the sky, a faint breeze keeping us cool while we lay in the shade. There was only one song I was interested in listening to at that point of time, and it was very fitting to our situation. The song seems to me to be about change, doing things that allow you to evolve in life and help you feel positive about the road ahead, whatever that may be. This is exactly what I was feeling when I wanted to listen to the song, but oddly it was the first time I had noticed the lyrics and their meaning.



Harri asked me how I felt about going back home, whether I would have an aching desire to be back on the road living the carefree lifestyle. I hadn't thought about it much, but I instantly knew that wouldn't be the case. I don't think there is any situation that could be thrown at me that would disappoint me. And isn't that a great frame of mind to be in? If we stay in Australia for a year, great. Sun, Sea, Money in my pocket, I'm not complaining. If we don't like it, we stay long enough to make some money, then head out to a different country, India or South America maybe. If we don't find jobs then we can move to another country and teach English. Or we go back home and get to see our friends and family, and start a new life, maybe Brighton or Manchester. Its feels good to have options, and even better to feel completely in control but with an open mind about the situation.


I am also very happy because my Hard Drive has arrived from England, YAAAAY! It was meant to arrive with ALL my music on it, but sadly something went wrong and it turned up empty. Of course my instant reaction was to cry. I was so excited to get all my most loved music back, only to find out I had none of it. But, I knew I had to turn this into a positive. Over the past few days I have been going mad trying to acquire all my favourite music, and i'm making real headway. My iPod now has over 2000 tracks on it! Up from 500! Here is a selection of what I am intent on listening to over the next few weeks:
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Fink
  • Christina Aguilera
  • Fat Freddy's Drop
  • Laura Marling
  • Foo Fighters
  • MSTRKRFT
  • Justice
  • Simain Mobile Disco
  • Kings of Leon
  • Bonobo
  • Deadmau5

And i'm still going. And I am very very happy :)

No comments:

Free Hit Counter