Sunday 2 January 2011

In a really good mood, for no reason at all?

There is a distinct lack of  music that sums up this feeling. I have music that makes me feel happy because it means something to me, and the occasional greats that make everyone happy like Stevie Wonder, but genuinely happy sounding music? Not as much. And then, walking around pretty much every store in Sydney, I kept hearing a familiar voice. And of course, with this particular artist being from Australia, her crazy quirky billboards were popping up everywhere. So I went and bought the album, and it has brought happy clappy music into my life once again.



The whole album, from start to finish, fills me with smiles. From her time with London based electronica collective Zero 7, I have always been a fan of Sia's beautiful and powerful voice. However her second solo album "Colour the Small One", the first I discovered, didn't really do it for me. Apart from the song Breathe, which is a very emotional ballad to say the least, there was no oomph. Admittedly I haven't had the pleasure of listening to her third release, "Some People Have Real Problems", but her latest album "We Are Born" has really done it for me. It shows off her voice at its most powerful in songs like "Be Good To Me", and also has such a massive playful element in it with others, "Clap Your Hands" and the above "Stop Trying" to name a couple of my favourites. This album is one to listen to from start to finish, walking through a park, getting ready to go out (for the girls of course) or whenever you're in a really good mood for no reason. That's what this album is summed up as for me, In a really good mood, for no reason at all. Frankly it's the best reason to be in a good mood, don't you think?

No comments:

Free Hit Counter